Join Us for the Transformations Society Virtual Event!
For the past several years, our Transformations Society has gathered together each fall, to reconnect after the long Summer and to mark the beginning of a fresh philanthropy season. What we’ve learned over these past few months is while the structures through which we gathered have changed, our community itself is still as strong as ever.
Not only will this year’s Transformations Society Event happen virtually, but we will also be opening it up to our entire New Pathways community. We hope you’ll join us on Oct. 28 at 6 p.m. from the comfort of your couch.
Our community of difference-makers will gather together to hear from:
- Our Board as they share vision
- Our matches as they share impact
- Our CEO, who will share an inside look at the organization
Click here for all the details on how to join us.
Welcome New Board Members!
We are thrilled to introduce you to our four newest members of our Board of Directors!
- Julie Johnson of Colliers International brings extensive experience and long-standing relationships throughout the healthcare and real estate industries.
- Shar Najafi-Piper, PhD is the CEO of Copa Health with extensive knowledge in fully integrated continuums of care in behavioral health.
- Bobby Walker of Penta Building group started off as a member of the team that built NPFY’s beautiful new building. From there, he became a mentor and now he’s joining us as a board member.
- Robin White of Define Mortgage Solutions brings connections and expertise in financial services and real estate to our board.
Help us welcome them all to the team!
Make an Impact While You Shop
Supporting New Pathways’ mission doesn’t have to be a big formal event! Next time you hit the grocery store or stock up on Amazon, there are some easy ways you can unleash possibilities while you shop! For more ideas for supporting NPFY, check out our full list here.
Learn to Skillfully Navigate Those Tricky, Every-day Conversations
The way we speak and listen determines quite a bit in our lives. We all face communication challenges as mentors, as professionals — and simply as people!
New Pathways is pleased to invite you to Masterful Conversations: a virtual 3-day workshop (November 5-7) and follow-up teleclass series for our community, facilitated by our friends at New Ventures West. You will begin to develop skills to have tough conversations more effectively, including:
- Distinguishing between the different types of conversations and discerning which is appropriate in a given moment
- Deepening attunement in order to hear what isn’t being said explicitly
- Becoming aware of your conversational blind spots to become more receptive, flexible and nuanced
- Building and repairing relationships
- Broadening your repertoire of words, distinctions and concepts
… and much more.
We are providing this life-altering program as a tool-sharpening opportunity for our mentors, and we’d also like to extend the offer to our whole community to join at a discounted rate — even lower if you register by 9/30. Please reach out to Marlo Dykeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Consistent Support is Key for our Monthly Givers
Rick McCartney not only supports New Pathways’ mission as a mentor, but he also provides a sustainable investment as a monthly giver.
“I see my monthly donation giving to the programming that will not only help the kids I work with,” McCartney said, “but build a greater opportunity to help more youth.”
Monthly giving is ongoing and therefore affordable. Donors that give on a recurring basis truly help to sustain programming while empowering the organization to plan for future growth.
“I know my donation is making a difference,” he said. “I want to give where I know my donation will have the greatest impact and because of how well run New Pathways is, I know I can feel so comfortable that even a small amount per month becomes a huge opportunity!”
Through our online portal, you can set up a reoccurring, monthly gift for the whole year and NPFY will handle it from there.
“It is so easy,” says McCartney “I never worry about forgetting to make the donation and I know that I am doing so much to impact the youth of our community.”
Are you interested in becoming a monthly giver? Learn more here: Donations
PATHWAYS Brought to You By:
American Family Insurance
DeMatteis Family Foundation
Diane and Bruce Halle Foundation
Transformations Society Virtual Event | October 28, 2020
This exclusive, annual event brings together our closest supporters to celebrate their impact and demonstrate their passion for our youth and mentors. Join us for the first virtual presentation of this event from the comfort and safety of your home! Learn more and RSVP.
Masterful Conversations | November 5-7, 2020
Develop the skills to have tough conversations more effectively with this life-altering 3-day virtual retreat for our NPFY community.Reach out to Marlo Dykeman (email@example.com) for more information.
Impacting Futures Community Briefing | Multiple Dates
Learn all about how we are disrupting the cycle of poverty and adversity and making an impact for our youth, their families, and their communities.