PATHWAYS! March 2021
Together, We Are Unstoppable: A Recap From Our Annual Breakfast
It won’t surprise you to hear that this year’s annual breakfast was a little bit different than usual. But even over a live-stream, the personal stories that our youth and mentors told were as powerful and transformational as ever.
Mia and her mentor Jeri shared their inspiring story of how they’ve made incredible progress toward better relationships and a stronger sense of personal value through the New Pathways program. Nate and his mentor Shaquin told us what they have learned about the power of commitment and our ability to realize new possibilities. And because of Victoria and her mentor Tammy, we reconnected to a crucial truth: even when we know there’s work to be done within ourselves, we can always be unstoppable for others.
By the end of the morning, New Pathways had raised over $100,000 to invest in our essential programs – and as you read this article, we can share that we’ve unlocked the full $125,000 matching gift provided by our generous investors. We are so grateful to all of you who are making transformation possible for our youth and their communities.
Together We Can Transform Our Community
At New Pathways for Youth, we know that our mission can’t be realized without all the members of the community that work alongside us to make it happen. This includes our third-party event partners.
A third-party event is an event hosted by a different organization, where proceeds from event revenue are invested in New Pathways’ work. We’re so grateful for the support of organizations who have contributed this year, implementing creative ways to host events which have:
- Generated nearly $210,000 in contributions to New Pathways
- Sponsored 65 youth in the program to have access to the full scope of our programming, including:
- One-to-one mentoring
- Individualized action planning to meet short and long-term goals
- Connections to critical resources that support a youth’s entire family
- Evidence-based personal and life skill development workshops and retreats
If you’re looking to host any kind of event, especially as we look toward a world where we can once again gather in-person together, consider New Pathways for Youth as a beneficiary! For more information, contact Marlo Dykeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You Can Help Students Finish The Year Strong
In last month’s edition of PATHWAYS!, we shared how online virtual learning is impacting our youth, especially given the unique challenges they face compared to their peers. But as the end of the school year draws closer, you can help these students finish strong.
New Pathways is continuing to work alongside our partner school districts to expand our youths’ access to technology, while we build resiliency skills for those who are feeling disconnected and overwhelmed.
When you invest today, you’ll reconnect Phoenix youth to their educational potential. Here’s how:
- An investment of $340 ensures that a young person in Phoenix receives individual support on a quarterly basis as they pursue their educational goals.
- An investment of of $650 means 6 youth receive tailored support to navigate their unique educational needs.
- And for $1,020, or $85 per month, 12 youth receive the tailored support they need.
Remember: Gifts of $400 per person or $800 for a married couple qualify for a dollar-for-dollar Arizona Charitable Tax Credit.
Brought to You By These Incredible Investors
Impacting Futures Briefing | Multiple Dates
Learn all about how we are disrupting poverty and creating impact for our youth, their families, and their communities. They are held virtually:
- the second Tuesday of each month at 4:30 p.m.
- the third Friday of each month at 7:30 a.m.
- the fourth Wednesday of each month at 12:00 p.m.