World Mental Health Day
Tuesday, October 10th recognizes World Mental Health Day. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), “The overall objective of World Mental Health Day is to raise awareness of mental health issues around the world and to mobilize efforts in support of mental health. The Day provides an opportunity for all stakeholders working on mental health issues to talk about their work, and what more needs to be done to make mental health care a reality for people worldwide.”
Below are free resources that are available to all residents in Arizona. Remember, you are not alone.
- National Mental Health Crisis Line: Call 988
- Arizona Mental Health Crisis Line: Call 1-844-534-HOPE
- Text Line: Text HOPE to 4HOPE
- Peer Support Warm Line: Call 602-347-110
- Visit Findhelpphx.Org to find specific resources related but not limited to: Domestic violence services, disability services, dental resources, substance abuse services, legal services and more.
- Call 1.800.631.1314 to connect with a mobile crisis team in Maricopa county. The mobile team meets with you, completes a mental health assessment, and works to provide a solution to the immediate situation. This team can also take you to a safe place, including emergency transportation to shelters, hospitals or substance use treatment centers.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): NAMI offers free educational resources, support groups, and mental health support for individuals and families in Arizona.
- Arizona Department of Health Services: The Arizona Department of Health Services offers a variety of mental health services and resources, such as a mental health helpline and crisis intervention teams.
- 2-1-1 Arizona: This local resource offers a wide range of mental health services and resources, from counseling and crisis intervention to referral services.
- Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers: The Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers provides access to behavioral health services for low-income individuals and families.
- Mental Health America of Arizona: Mental Health America of Arizona offers free mental health resources, support groups, and educational materials in Arizona.
Conversations surrounding mental health are becoming normalized, but there’s still work to do. Check in on your mentee, friends and family to see how they’re really doing, it could save a life.